Recently I got an email from Jessilyn, a 16-year old girl. The email was full of really great advice for guys her age - guys who are interested in finding out what all the girls around them really want in relationships. If you're one of those guys, read on to find out what a girl wants from you for real. (And if you've got your own article that you'd like to submit to Teen Advice, do it here).
1. Girls Don't Only Like Confident GuysWe get a little worried if you freeze up when we talk to you, but otherwise, it's OK to be shy. It makes it even more impressive if you approach us first. Take a chance; don't hold back. It's better than spending your entire life wondering "what if...?"
2. Girls Don't Care Much About Your Bad Skin
Acne isn't rare in teens! Most girls will see past it, so don't stress. It's likely that the majority of people around you also have acne, including girls. One day you'll get over the acne stage, but for now, just know it's not a factor that girls care too much about.
3. Girls DO Care About HygieneIt's OK to let yourself go sometimes, like on the weekends or when you're out getting sweaty. But a guy who showers daily, shaves regularly, brushes his hair and teeth and has nice nails is appealing. But don't wear nail polish! Not to be sexist, but it's unappealing to most girls because it's feminine. Also, some girls can't stand guys who bite their nails, so try not to. (Though we do it sometimes, too.)
4. Don't Be Afraid to Have FunWhen it comes to flirting and dating, have fun and be yourself. That way, if you don't get the girl in the end, you'll still have your friends, some great memories, and your whole life ahead of you. Don't push your friends away or fight over a girl or anything like that. It's never worth it.
5. Not Every Girl Wants the Stereotypical, Masculine Guy
You know...like guys with big muscles, a six-pack and tanned skin. I, myself, prefer a guy who's more natural looking. If you like to work out and take care of yourself, then by all means, go for it, that's great! But don't go overboard 'cause at the end of the day, you still have to be cuddly :)