Everybody talks about having teen crushes, but have you had one? More importantly, how do you know when you have a crush on someone? Here are some tips on how to figure it out.
Time Required: 10 minutes, maybe more
- You think about one person in particular: You wonder what you'll say to them next and scrutinize your every move. You constantly think about their smile, their laugh, their face, and the things they say. They're almost always on your mind.
- You feel excited and anxious: When you think about someone you know, you suddenly feel hyper. You might even lose your appetite or have trouble sleeping after you think about them.
- You might have trouble concentrating: You may find yourself daydreaming or imagining a conversation -- or a makeout session -- with the person you like. It might be hard to pay attention in class or get your homework done. You might become forgetful and misplace your books or your keys because you're so focused on this person.
- You could feel embarrassed or nervous: You might find yourself blushing when you talk to the person you've been thinking about or giggling when other people mention their name. The very thought of talking to them might make you extremely nervous, and you probably feel a bit more self-conscious than usual around them because you want to make a great impression.
- You'll go out of your way to be near them: You will make excuses to walk by their locker, talk to them after class, or be close to the places you know they hang out.
- You care more about how you look, sound, and act: Again, making a great impression is on your mind and you want the person you like to think you're cute, wonderful, and hilarious.
- You want to touch them: Even if you're not a very touchy-feely person, you may feel a strong craving to touch the person you like or be touched by them. This is likely because you're physically attracted to them.
- You talk about them a lot: You might not mention them by name, but you might talk about something they're interested in with your friends or write about them in your journal. You want to know what it feels like to be a couple with this person.
- You take tons of love quizzes online: You're curious about your feelings for this person because they're strong emotions. The way you feel about the person you like -- your crush -- is different from how you feel about other people.