Other people can be really confusing, especially when it comes to crushes and dating. He may IM you constantly but never ask you on a date. She might stare at you throughout English class then ignore you in the hallway. Maybe you've got a sneaking suspicion that your best friend has the hots for you. How can you tell for sure if he or she likes you? Here are a few signs that he or she is probably into you.
1. Your Gut Says "Yes!"OK, this may be a frustrating piece of advice because, as a teen, you're still learning how to recognize and trust your intuition. However, if you have a feeling that someone's falling for you -- even if you can't put your finger on why -- it's probably true. With time you'll learn how to recognize this feeling better, so don't sweat it.
2. They Can't Take Their Eyes Off YouLike a moth to a flame, he won't be able to avoid staring at you. He may look into your eyes for a long time, or he might glance at you compulsively then look away, but one way or another, his gaze is constantly headed in your direction. This is one example of body language -- a great clue about whether someone likes you.
3. They Want To Be Near YouIf she likes you, she's likely to put herself near you whenever possible. Maybe she finds a way to pass you each afternoon in the hall, or maybe she keeps showing up at your soccer games. She might not say anything to you, but she wants to learn more about you. If she's brave, she might enter your personal space to hug you, pat your arm or tickle you. If she does these sorts of things, she's probably into you big time.
4. They Remember Things You SayTwo weeks ago you mentioned that you've always wanted to learn how to sail, and he brings it up when you're chatting. Maybe he remembers that your favorite color is green or that you're deathly afraid of heights. In any case, if he's paying attention to little details like this, he's probably into you.
5. They Think You're Hilarious -- Even If You Totally Aren'tYou told the worst joke in study hall the other day, and she was the only one who laughed. Maybe you made a pun that caused everyone else to groan, but she held her tongue. Perhaps she giggles at everything you say. If any of these situations sound like yours, there's a good chance that she likes you.
6. They Smile Like It's Going Out of StyleWhen you walk into the room, his face lights up. You raise your hand in class, and he grins like he's just won the lottery. When you talk to each other, he's smiling big and paying attention. Yup, he thinks you're the bee's knees. Now ask him out already!
7. They Tell Someone They Like YouShe might tell one of her friends that she likes you, or she might be a little more subtle and say something like "Wow, Josh is a really great dancer" or "Don't you think Julio is the nicest guy ever?" In either case, she thinks you're pretty great and would probably be thrilled if you asked her out.
8. They Ask For Your OpinionHe asks what you think about something that's important to him, whether it's his blog or his new pair of sunglasses. He wants to know your take on global warming or your predictions about which team is going to win the Super Bowl. He's probably pretty keen on you, and this is a great opportunity to strike up a conversation -- and maybe more.