Up late tossing and turning before your first day of school? Don't worry, it won't be that bad. Just keep your head up and follow this guide.
1. Before the Big Day, Run Through Your Class Schedule in Your HeadPicture yourself walking from class to class, and plan out the best times to stop by your locker. Or better yet, as soon as you and your friends get your schedules, stop by the school and do a "trial run" together. It'll help keep you from getting lost, and showing up late, when you do it for real.
2. Wear Something That Makes You Feel Confident - and ComfortableYou might want to show off those new heels or micro-mini, but come lunchtime you'll wish you were in something more suitable for lugging around a giant backpack. Stick with something practical.
3. Remember That Teachers are Always Extra-Mean the First DayDon't worry - they're just doing that to scare you. They'll mellow out next week. Still, be sure to show up to class on time, take notes and be diligent. You don't want their first impression of you to be a bad one.
4. If Your Friends Aren't in All Your Classes, Don't Sweat ItFocus on getting to know your new classmates, and catch up with last year's pals after school. In a couple of months, you'll have more friends, not less.
5. Keep in Mind That the First Day Always Feels Super LongIt's just a mental trick because you're experiencing so much new stuff. Next week, when you're more familiar with your classes, it won't feel like that anymore.
6. Know That It's OK to Feel Freaked-OutThe first day of school is nerve-wracking for everyone, even if some of your classmates don't show it. Just try to stay as calm and focused as you can. As the school year gets rolling, you'll wonder why you were so worried the first place.