Q: Do you think that there will be an increase in schoolyard violence because of post-your-own-video websites like YouTube? VIEW RESULTS
Q: How do school officials act toward fights that happen on school grounds, whether or not they show up on YouTube?
- Nothing, they turn a blind eye and pretend its not happening.
- When they know about it they break it up and punish the kids involved.
- When they know about it they break it up but the kids involved are rarely or never punished.
- They call the police and let them deal with it.
Q: Have you ever seen somebody recording a fight at your school either with a camera or cell phone? VIEW RESULTS
Q: Have you ever heard about a fight at your school being shown on YouTube? VIEW RESULTS
Q: If you heard a fight had been posted on YouTube would you watch it? VIEW RESULTS
Q: Do you think that the schoolyard fights on YouTube are ever staged?
- Yes, I think most of them are staged.
- Yes, I think about half are staged and half are real.
- Yes a few may be staged but I think that most of them are real.
- No, I think they are always real fights. Who would bother staging such a thing?
Q: What do you think school officials should do about schoolyard fights being posted on YouTube?
- Have the video taken down.
- Alert the police.
- Punish those involved and if its possible, punish the person who recorded and/or posted the video.
- All of the above.
- All of the above EXCEPT alert the police.
- Nothing, what can they do?
Q: Should fights posted on sites like YouTube be punished more severly than other schoolyard fights?
- Yes, more severely.
- No, the punishments should be the same.
- Maybe, would depend on the circumstances, like who posted the video or how violent the fight was.
Q: Should YouTube be held responsible for schoolyard fights posted on the website?
- Yes, they should screen all videos before allowing them on YouTube.
- Yes, but only if can be proven that it is a real fight and not a staged fight.
- No, its unrealistic to expect YouTube to monitor every posting.
Q: If you saw a fight at your school posted on YouTube and were able to identify the people involved would you give their names to school officials and/or police?
- Yes, absolutely.
- Yes, but only if the fight were very violent or shocking.
- Yes, but only if one of the people were badly hurt.
- No way.