What's the #1 thing you think that a girl wants from a relationship? Whether you're a guy or a girl, tell us what you think!
Open Your Eyes
- If you're a guy out there and you think that you can't get a girl, keep your eyes open, it might be the person you always tell your problems to, you never know.
- —Guest all i am
A Best Friend but Better
- A girl wants someone real who is going to be there for her when she needs help, someone who she laughs and jokes around with, someone who is sweet and kind, someone who won't pressure said girl into anything she doesn't want to do. Someone who really actually cares about what she thinks, not just what she looks like.
- —Guest guest somebody :)
A Guy That Makes Her Laugh
- It helps if you could make her laugh at jokes and all :)
- —Guest payel
A Person Like Them
- I don't mean that you should pretend to love everything they love, but mostly, it helps if you have similar interests. And hang out with her - if she goes to play tennis during gym, one day, you could go do it too? Show her you love her!
- —Guest smiley
Everything This Article Says
- Guys, LISTEN TO HER. I am a girl and can completely agree with this. Seriously you'd do yourself some good following this advice :) x
- —Guest Emz1307
- What a girl really wants in a a man is real respect, real love, real affection and not just respect by mouth only, but by action, not just love and affection thru sex.
- —Guest Jane
- Most girls will say that they like a guy who has good looks; but some guys who have good looks are abusive (not all, only some). Girls really want three main things out of a relationship: to feel loved, to have a listening ear, and someone who they could easily brag about or someone who could raise their own status. That may be the reason why girls will date guys who are super hot but good-for-nothing. Although they may not be respected or maybe not even loved, they will stay with that guy because they look good to the public.
It's pretty sad because, as "ConfusedandDateless" pointed out, many girls will pass over guys who will make them happy and who will love them for who they are just so that they can date someone higher up on the status pyramid.
Ultimately, it is a matter of self-image/esteem. If you as a person continue to look at yourself negatively, you are going to find all of the wrong ways out of that situation. Unfortunately, that is the story for most girls today. =(
- —Guest Gabz3170
Looks to Die For
- Hey, so I'm so sorry and every girl SAYS she cares more about personality than looks.... there is such a thing as a 'type.' And if you don't fit a 'type' (which changes for everyone) then you may want to spend ur time wooing someone else... Sorry, the truth sucks. And don't change urself for them, because it adds a layer of suckyness to everything if it's fake. So don't fake ur love, because YOU CAN TELL. Lh and a quick tip, if you can tell she's avoiding u, do something really nice for her. Like, a sweet box of chocolates at her door. Or roses on her desk. Or a poem in her locker. Or a balloon in her window, something cute, personal, and sweet. Then leave her be for a bit, she'll come to you. GOOD LOOK FELLOWS. Oh, and FUNNY DUDES ARE THE BEST, SO LEARN THE JOKES MEN!!! :D
- —Guest Sorryforbeingpicky
Love and Attention, Plus Other Things
- As a girl who's been trying to figure out exactly what she wants in a guy, there are a few things. Love and attention, of course - if you don't give you won't get. But there are other things as well. What I love about my boyfriend is that no matter how hard on myself I am, he thinks I'm this wonderful person and tries to lift my spirits. It doesn't hurt that we have a lot in common (we're both creative souls) but there's enough differences to keep each other interested (I'm a goody-two-shoes, and he's... not). Basically, I know some girls like to date 'bad boys' because they aren't interested in a serious relationship - they just want a guy who can give them a fun time. It won't last. Else, they'll date a guy who SEEMS terrible to everyone else, but is really great once you get to know him. It depends on the couple, really.
- —Guest feistmann
Guy Who Make Them Feel Good
- Girls like guys who make them feel good, whether it's by complimenting them, making them laugh, or laughing at their jokes. But we also want a guy who is sweet and is there for us when we need them.
- —Guest Jaden
Girls Don't Really Seem to Want These
- Ok so I get that girls want all these things, but why is it that most girls will date a bunch of assholes who don't love or respect them but won't date "the less good looking guys" who would do all those amazing things for a girl:/
- —Guest Confusedandateless
- All a girl wants is affection. She wants to feel loved by him, he should do nice things for her like surprise her, give her small things that make her feel special in some sort of way. Also not to base their relationship of physical things like watches or earrings. Guys should do something more sentimental like make her dinner or he should make a bracelet of his own a give it to her. All that matters is that there is deeper meaning than just the physical property of the gift, there should also be a sentimental meaning.
- —Guest Maria Belen
- It seems like they just want them to buy buy buy just for them, spend spend spend just for them. I have a friend named Dominique [a guy], he went with this girl named Arielle and she just wanted him to buy her everything. Some girls are nasty to want to do it with the guy they don't even know, shame.
- —Guest ashely
- A girl wants love and affection from a guy. Maybe she feels lonely and wants comfort.
- —Guest kayann
Attention, But Not Too Much
- Girls like attention but when a guy won't leave us alone, some of us can get a little turned off. We don't need some one to constantly text us or be with us all the time. We sometimes need space and we'll let you know. You gotta trust, respect us and give us the attention we love. And be honest if somethings bugging you. Girls will appreciate the truth even if we don't like it at first.
- —Guest loveskindahard